Hands Free Massage was developed by Darien Pritchard.
He celebrates over 40 years as a bodywork practitioner and teacher, has been using his forearms and elbows for much of that time (without which he would have been unable to sustain his career).
He was particularly inspired by receiving deep tissue and Hawaiian massage treatments, and adapted these massage ‘tools’ to deliver ‘Swedish Massage-style’ and deep tissue massage techniques.
He began calling it Hands-Free Massage when he started teaching it as a distinctive CPD training nearly 20 years ago.
Hands Free Massage uses the forearm and elbow for applying firm pressure in massage.
You can ‘give your hands a holiday’, while being more effective in applying pressure with less effort.
This will enable you to maintain your career as a massage practitioner by saving your thumbs and wrists, the most common areas of work-related strain.
The Hands Free Massage courses focus on techniques which can easily be blended into a ‘normal’ oil massage.
In addition to learning specific techniques, you’ll be taught how to
- use these ‘tools’ in a skillful, responsive way rather than using them to ‘mash’ the client – monitoring and adapting to the client’s responses
- use and move your body to support the work of your forearm and elbow – how to be most effective with least effort
- blend Hands Free techniques smoothly into massage treatments
There are 3 levels of Hands Free Massage
- Introduction to Hands Free Massage – 1 day workshop
- Basic Hands Free Massage – 2 day workshop
- Extensive Hands Free Massage training – 8 day course