Are you having problems with your hands? – or want to avoid reaching this stage!
This course is designed to help massage practitioners to save their fingers, thumbs and wrists (the most common areas of strain for practitioners) while being more effective in applying firm pressure. *So don’t wait for strain to develop – act now.*
This 2 day workshop focuses on *‘soft forearm’* techniques (using the bellies of the flexor muscles) that can easily be incorporated into familiar massage routines.
You’ll learn firm, sweeping strokes and also more specific work for the back, the arms and the legs.
Give your hands a holiday and save your career
Unfortunately, because the forearms are such powerful massage tools, it’s easy to brutalise clients by using them without skill or sensitivity.
Therefore this course focuses on HOW you use them:
- Learning to *feel* with the forearm – in order to *monitor* and *adapt* to the client’s responses
- How to *moderate the pressure* applied
- How to *blend* these techniques smoothly into massage sessions
- How to support this with good body-use rather than working too hard with your arms and shoulders
- Firm, sweeping strokes and also more specific work for the back, the arms and the legs.
“Clients are often amazed at how deep you can get without it hurting.”
The 2 day workshop includes a short introduction to the other main Hands Free Massage tools – the ulna (the ‘hard forearm’) and elbow tools – which are used to save the thumbs and fist in specific pressure techniques.
Prerequisite: To attend you must have a minimum nationally recognised level 3 body massage qualification such as Swedish Massage, Sports, Aromatherapy – also open to osteopaths, chiropractors etc
This is a level 3 advanced massage course.
Dates and booking
Please see the calendar for dates and booking information.