Use your forearms to deliver your massage to give your hands a holiday and save your career.
Dates and booking: see the bottom of the page
Are you having problems with your hands – or want to avoid reaching that stage?
This course is designed to introduce you to a few basic Hands Free Massage techniques, which helps massage practitioners to save their fingers, thumbs and wrists (the most common areas of strain for practitioners). So don’t wait for strain to develop – act now!
This 2 Day Training focuses on ‘soft forearm’ techniques (using the bellies of the flexor muscles) that can easily be incorporated into your massage.
You’ll learn these forearm massage techniques:
– firm sweeping strokes on the back, arms and legs (great for effleurage)
– shorter strokes on the back for more specific areas of tension
– techniques for the shoulders
Learning to work skilfully and sensitively
If you’re serious about extending your career, or you just want to expand your repertoire, this short workshop is a good place to start as an introduction to using your forearm for massage, in a skilful and sensitive way.
If you’re looking for more than an introduction, check out the 8 Day Advanced Training, where you will learn over 60 techniques to incorporate the forearm and elbows for deeper and more focused pressure.
The forearms are such powerful massage ‘tools’, so it’s of utmost importance to be guided by experienced tutors (Darien & Leora). With this guidance, you will learn how to use your forearm with sensitivity, to avoid hurting your clients. It’s amazing how deep you can work without hurting yourself or your clients. This 2 Day Training therefore focuses on how to use the forearm skilfully and sensitively for Hands Free Massage with well thought out and appropriate bodyuse to support your work.
“A fantastic course! More than just Hands Free Massage, the course covers body movement, positioning, self-care and creative experimentation. I learned loads – I would recommend this course to anyone wanting to enhance their massage – and of course to save their hands!” Gaye W 2019
“A fantastic course! More than just Hands Free Massage, the course covers body movement, positioning, self-care and creative experimentation” – Anonymous
You’ll learn how to use the ‘soft forearm’ (bellies of the flexor muscles):
- Learn to feel with the forearm – in order to monitor and adapt to the client’s responses
- Learn flowing forearm massage to replace using your hands for effleurage
- Learn how to moderate the pressure applied
- Learn how to blend these techniques smoothly into your massage
- Learn how to support this with good body use rather than working too hard with your arms and shoulders
Specific techniques taught
- Firm sweeping strokes on the back, arms and legs (great for effleurage)
- Shorter strokes on the back for more specific areas of tension
- Techniques for the shoulders
- Using the forearms for a stretch on the legs and arms
The 2 Day Hands Free Massage Training also includes a short introduction to the other main Hands Free Massage tools – the ulna (the ‘hard forearm’) and elbow tools – which are used to save the thumbs and fist in specific pressure techniques and are taught in the 8 Day Advanced Training.
Who can attend?
To attend you must have a minimum nationally recognised Level 3 Body Massage qualification such as Swedish Massage, Sports, Aromatherapy – also open to Osteopaths, Chiropractors etc.
This is a Level 3 Advanced Massage course.
CPD pionts and cost
10 CPD points
Dates and booking
1 Day Introduction
Dates for Worcester and Sheffield 2023 coming soon
Bristol – 2 Day Basic Training
Mon & Tues 17/18 Jul
10am to 5.30pm
109 Pembroke Road, Clifton, Bristol BS8 3EU
Trainer: Leora Sharp