As a lead up to the in person 8 day Training in 2022, this is your chance to find out more about Hands Free Massage, in an ONLINE 3.5 hr taster session. There are 4 sessions to choose from.
Curious about Hands Free Massage and how it can help save not only your hands but your whole body too, and extend your career?
Or do you want to understand how HFM helps you to work deeper and without pain (for you and your clients) and see what it can offer to expand your repertoire?
By the end of the taster session, you will…
- Enjoy using around 8 new moves on the back of the body, including some stretches
- Have an understanding of what Hands Free Massage is and how you can incorporate it into your practice
- Have a better understanding of body dynamics in relation to massage
- Be able to include a few extra moves into a seated massage
This workshop is for you if you…
- are experiencing pain in your back, wrists and hands…or anywhere in your body as a result of your work
- are looking to get a taster and understand what HFM is all about
- want to learn a few new skills
- want to understand the importance of body dynamics in massage
- live in the UK
- have a minimum nationally recognised Level 3 body massage qualification (Swedish Massage, Sports, Aromatherapy – also open to osteopaths, chiropractors etc)
- Brief introduction to what HFM is and how it came into being
- Check in around what hurts
- Warmup (and understanding the importance of this)
- Understanding body dynamics
- Seated massage incorporating the principles of Hands Free Massage
- About 4 movements on the back and glutes + 3 movements on the legs/feet, to mimic effleurage
- An arm and leg stretch
- Revision of our learning
- A demo of deeper pressure, mobilisations, stretches and side lying, so you can see just how important Hands Free Massage is for our practice
You need a massage buddy with you for this session
It’s preferable that your massage/booking buddy is another massage practitioner. You will get the most out of the session this way!
It’s extremely important to feel these techniques being applied because with very little body weight/leaning and change of direction, you can totally alter the application of the technique, or even hurt someone.
This is why there is an 8 day training, as it takes time to be fully able to feel with your forearms and learn to work skilfully and adaptively.
By receiving massage from another practitioner, you will have a chance to experience how these wonderful techniques feel and understand how these tools can “transform” your practice.
If you cannot get hold of a practitioner to buddy up with you, please try find someone who will offer you detailed feedback as you work. When you ask them, ‘how does this feel’ you want them to be able to say a little more than ‘fine’ or ‘great’. We will also be doing a warm up and body dynamics exercises/explorations. So if you do not have a practitioner buddy, your family/friend buddy will need to be willing to do those exercises with you.
4 zoom sessions to choose from in 2021
Only 8 pairs in each sessions:
- Tue 21 Sep @ 3pm – 6.30pm
- Wed 29 Sep @ 12 noon – 3.30pm
- Fri 8 Oct @ 9.30am – 1pm
- Mon 11 Oct @ 6pm – 9.30pm
Cost, booking, zoom links
- £25 per person (United Kingdom only)
- If you then decide to book on the 8 day training, you’ll receive £25 off
- You’ll need to provide your Level 3 and above training certificate on booking
- You will receive a zoom room link after payment
Terms of booking
- We are unable to offer refunds for these sessions
- If you cannot attend the session for any reason, you can transfer to another session listed above, if there is a place available
- There is no Covid protocol stipulated, as you will be massaging in your own environment, you can adhere to what you have in place